EITC: PA Tax Credit Program
Thank you for expressing interest in Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program. You may be able to reduce your tax liability to the Commonwealth by as much as 90% of the donation your company makes to the Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy through the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools. Your donation will be used, exclusively, to provide tuition assistance to low- and moderate-income families who want to send their children to Barrack.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Entities eligible to apply for EITC are operating businesses authorized to do business in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania that are subject to the following taxes:
- Corporate Net Income Tax
- Capital Stock Franchise Tax
- Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax
- Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners
- Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax
- Insurance Premiums Tax
- Mutual Thrift Institutions Tax or a tax under Article XVI of the Act of May 17, 1921, known as the Insurance Company Law of 1921. Such businesses include pass-through entities.
HOW TO OBTAIN TAX CREDITS
- You or your tax advisor registers your business by creating a user name and password at: https://www.esa.dced.state.pa.us/Login.aspx.
- The state will begin accepting applications for tax credits for the 2013-2014 fiscal year beginning July 1, 2013. You or your tax advisor complete the application at the same site as above. Registrations and applications can only be accepted electronically. It is critical for you to submit your application on this date because credits are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Upon approval, you have 60 days to send a check to The Foundation for Jewish Day Schools in the amount you would have sent to the PA Dept. of Revenue when you filed your annual tax return.
- You ask the Foundation to allocate your donation to provide scholarships for students at Barrack Hebrew Academy.
- Tax credits directed toward Barrack are viewed as a donation and are eligible for a deduction on your federal return.
- A handbook containing detailed instructions on how to register and apply for Educational Improvement Tax Credits can be found through this link: http://www.newpa.com/sites/default/files/uploads/OSTC-EITC_Handbook2013.pdf
If you or your tax advisor would like more information or assistance in completing your application please contact: Caroline Unger at 215-832-0525 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have applied to participate in the EITC program, please print the entire application for your records and email or snail mail a copy to Caroline Unger EITC/OITC Program Specialist so she is able to keep track of all applications. Her snail mail address is Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, 2100 Arch Street Philadelphia, PA 19103.
We hope you will join us in giving more children the gift of a Jewish day school education by participating in the PA EITC program.