Coordinator of Alumni Relations
Enthusiasm for the mission of Barrack and for Jewish day school education.
Knowledge about Akiba/Barrack and its proud legacy.
Stellar customer relations and interpersonal skills and excellent time management skills including the ability to work effectively and efficiently.
Experience with fundraising and friendraising.
Strong organizational skills.
Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with discretion and sensitivity.
Eagerness to professionally interact with alumni and legacy parents and students.
Outstanding writing and communication skills.
Comfort with using social media platforms for outreach.
Ability to work directly with communications.
Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy, an independent Jewish day school in suburban Philadelphia, seeks an experienced, dynamic and caring educator to serve as a full-time Middle School Science teacher and advisor beginning November 16, 2020. The available position will involve 6th grade Earth Science, 7th Grade Life Science, and 8th Grade Chemical/Physical Science. Interested candidates must have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, to develop a student-centered curriculum, and to foster a growth mindset for each of their students. Developing an inclusive environment where students feel safe to take risks in their learning is a central value for the Barrack science program. In addition, the candidate should seek professional growth and learning through team meetings, professional development opportunities and collaboration with Barrack educators. The candidate must enjoy working with middle school students and teach with energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong background in educating Middle School students grades six through eight. Master’s degree candidates are preferred
- Interest in development of science curriculum in the context of real-world learning, STEAM and hands-on projects and assessments.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with experience in effective communication with parents, students, teachers and staff
- Ability to function as a member of a team with administrators, teachers, students, and parents
- A positive and strong work ethic
- Ability to differentiate science instruction for students within a heterogeneous classroom setting
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Proficiency in the use of classroom technology, including but not limited to: Google Suite, learning management systems, and email management.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Aaron Silver, Science Department Chair (email@example.com).