Director of Alumni Relations
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy (jbha.org), an independent Jewish day school in suburban Philadelphia, seeks a full time Director of Alumni Relations. The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for fundraising, event planning, and developing and implementing a comprehensive engagement program designed to enhance loyalty, dedication, and support for the school.
Interested candidates must be able to collaborate with colleagues, develop overall strategies for alumni relations and events within the school’s list of priorities, manage alumni relations and all alumni events, collaborate with development associates for fundraising programs and solicitations, keep and manage the alumni budget, and develop and execute events and partnerships that raise visibility and build relationships.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Barrack and for Jewish day school education.
- Knowledge about Akiba/Barrack and the Greater Philadelphia Jewish community.
- Stellar customer relations and interpersonal skills and excellent time management skills including the ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience raising funds and stewarding and managing volunteers.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with discretion and sensitivity.
- Eagerness to professionally interact with alumni and prospective and current parents and students.
- Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge of and experience managing social media.
- Ability to understand and define analytics as it relates to alumni relations.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience. Knowledge of the Greater Philadelphia Jewish community and an Akiba/Barrack alumna/alumnus preferred. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Alex Stroker (email@example.com), Chief Operations and Development Officer.The Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy community does not discriminate on the basis of race or gender identity and it is guided by its four Derech Eretz values: Kavod (honor)/כבוד | Hesed (loving-kindness)/חסד | Ometz lev (courage)/אומץ לב | Kehillah (community)/קהילה
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy, an independent Jewish day school in suburban Philadelphia, seeks an experienced, dynamic and caring educator to teach two sections of 10th Grade Chemistry beginning September, 2021, with the possibility of additional responsibilities. Interested candidates must have the ability to collaborate with colleagues, to develop student-centered curricula, and to foster a growth mindset for each of their students. Developing an inclusive environment where students feel safe to take risks in their learning is a central value for the Barrack science program. In addition, the candidate should seek professional growth and learning through team meetings, professional development opportunities and collaboration with Barrack educators. The candidate must enjoy working with upper school students and teach with energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong background in educating Upper School students; Master’s degree candidates are preferred
- Interest in the development of science curriculum in the context of real-world learning, STEAM and hands-on projects and assessments
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, with experience in effective communication with parents, students, teachers and staff
- Ability to function as a member of a team with administrators, teachers, students, and parents
- A positive and strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Proficiency in the use of classroom technology, including but not limited to: Google Suite, learning management systems, and email management
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to Aaron Silver, Science Department Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).