Transportation options are available to students traveling to Barrack from various areas of the region:
- School District Busing
- Barrack Coordinated Transporation
- Minyan Shuttle Transportation
- Student Driver
All families must use the online Transportation Registration for all students attending Barrack, no matter what form of transportation they will be taking. The deadline for 2016-17 registration was March 3, 2016.
School District Busing:
- Pursuant to rules of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, any child living in a Township within ten (10) miles of Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy can be transported at no charge to/from Barrack by their own school district through all grades.
- The Philadelphia School District may offer discounts for train vouchers. Residents in grades 7 through 12 who live 1.5 miles or further from Barrack may be eligible for "Student Transpasses."
Barrack Coordinated Transportation:
- For families outside of the 10 mile radius including:
- Bucks County
- Center City/Cherry Hill
- Delaware/Glenn Mills
- Northeast/Huntingdon Valley/Abington
- Northeast/Elkins Park
- Mt. Airy/Germantown
- Upper Dublin/Blue Bell/Fort Washington
- Barrack Transportation Schedule
- Morning and afternoon shuttle service provided between the Bryn Mawr train station and Barrack.
- Barrack provides a shuttle for Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning from Adath Israel and Giant in Wynnewood (if enough interest and space available).
Late Bus Service:
- There will be two late busses daily, except on Fridays, when there will be no late bus transportation provided.
- Seats are limited. Students who will require use of the late bus must be registered.
- Please choose one late bus option per student. Middle school activities will end by 5:45.
- For information about Late Bus stops and times, please contact email@example.com.
Public Transportation – For Students and Visitors
Barrack is easily accessible by public transportation.
- You can take the Norristown High Speed Line (formerly known as the Route 100), get off at the BRYN MAWR stop. It is directly next to the school. Norristown High Speed Line Schedule
- You can also take the Paoli/Thorndale Line (Old R5) regional rail train and get off at the BRYN MAWR STATION. It is about 5 blocks away. We offer a shuttle service from the station to our campus both before and after school. Paoli/Thorndale Line (Old R5) Schedule
Reminder: All families must use the online Transportation Registration for all students attending Barrack, no matter what form of transportation they will be taking.
Getting to Barrack
By Car (Via Google Maps)
Enter your address to receive directions