Path to Reopening
In the midst of so much uncertainty, Barrack has developed this reopening plan with love and care, mindful of the safety, health and spiritual well-being of every student, staff member and teacher. We are also reminded at this critical time in our history, of Rabbi Hillel's three rhetorical questions:
אם אין אני לי, מי לי. וכשאני לעצמי, מה אני. ואם לא עכשיו, אימתי
If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
If I am only for myself, what am I? If not now, when? PIRKEI AVOT
As with all our endeavors, this reopening plan is grounded in our school’s mission and Derech Eretz values. It is informed by data provided by government agencies and our own medical staff and advisors. While logistics continue to evolve, our decisions adhere to consistent public health guidelines requiring social distancing and facial coverings for all students, faculty and staff on campus.
- MODIFIED HYBRID MODEL OF EDUCATION
- REMOTE LEARNING OPTION WITHIN HYBRID MODEL
- COMMUNITY RESPONSIBILITY
- HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION & TECHNOLOGY
- CO-CURRICULAR LEARNING: ATHLETICS, ARTS, CLUBS & PUBLICATIONS
- SPIRITUAL & SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING
- FULL ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM IN CASE OF CAMPUS CLOSURE
- FACILITIES & CLEANING
- FOOD & DRINK
- Aug 31–Sept 3: Faculty Inservice
- Sept 4–7: Labor Day holiday, school closed
- Sept 8: First day of classes
- Sept 18: Erev Rosh Hashashana, school closed
Every member of our community must do their part in observing appropriate risk mitigation precautions. Before returning to school, each parent, student and staff member will be required to sign:
Health & Hygiene Highlights
- A well-fitting mask must be worn by everyone while on campus.
- No students or employees may come to campus if they are exhibiting symptoms of an illness.
- Students and staff will maintain 6-foot distancing.
- Only students, faculty and staff may enter the building. There will be no outside visitors allowed on campus or in the buildings.
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged.
- Hands-free sanitization stations will be placed throughout the buildings and outdoor spaces.